Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What Role Does Social Media Play in PR?

As someone who has been in the field of PR for the past 20 years I was intrigued by the concept of using the Internet in public relations and as I usually do I simply rolled up my sleeves and dived in. After several years of using social media branding, search engine marketing and SEO information I cannot imagine doing my job in PR without these tools. In fact I consider what I do now is not just PR but Online PR.

Today I was doing my regular online search to find out "what is new in PR" and came across a wonderful article by Sarah Skerik, VP, Distribution Services, PR Newswire in the Bulldog Reporter which you can read here: http://tinyurl.com/b24aym

Sarah states quite simply the key points that someone needs to understand in order to become proficient in the mixing of PR and social media. A person who knows well the rules of PR and publicity and who also understands the role that social media and search engine marketing plays will have a tremendous advantage in 2009 as well as the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment